Digital Locker is a Online Programme launched by Government of India, by which You Can Store or Download Your Important Document i.e. Birth Certificate, Passport, Academic Certificate etc. To avail this feature, you’ll have to create an account which can be created using your Aadhar Card or Finger Print. The account is provided by government absolutely Free of Cost.
To get this facility you must have an Mobile Number. However, You can open your New Digital Locker Account without feeding your Aadhar Card Number in Digi-Locker website.
Steps to Create Account for Digital Locker (Digi Locker)
- Visit the official Website of Digital locker i.e. http://digitallocker.gov.in/ , and Click on “Sign Up For DigiLocker” button as shown in beow picture.
- On the Next Page Enter Your Mobile Number in given Box and Click on Continue Button.
- You will receive an OTP Code on your Mobile Phone, Enter this Code in OTP Box and Click on Verify Button.
- On the Next Page, You will see “Set Your Username and Password” screen, Enter your desired Username and Password in given boxes.
- On the Next Page, For Verification of your Aadhar Number, you have to select Any One Option which will be provided with two option as ”Use OTP” and “Use Fingerprints”.
- If you want to select “Use OTP” button, Enter Your Aadhar Number in given Box, and Click on it. OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your Aadhar registered Mobile Number.
- Now Enter the OTP you get and Select the Validate OTP button.
- And if you Choose “Use Fingerprints” button, Click on it and print your thumb with fingerprint device.
- If your Fingerprints will be found valid, then you can complete sign up process.
Sigh Up for DigiLocker Without Aadhar Numnber-
- Follow above 4 steps to complete the process.
- You will see “Don’t have Aadhar? Continue Here” Button.
- Click that Link and You’ll be Logged in Your New Digi Locket Account.