Digi Locker Programme has been launched by Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India on July 1, 2015. Through the Digi Locker, you can keep safe your important and always usable documents digitally.
Digi Locker is beneficial for citizens as well as school/ College students. Using the DigiLocker the students can save and use their School Certificates, where other citizens can use their documents i.e. Voter ID Card, Driving License, Vehicle RC, Insurance Poicy etc. digitally.
You can avail the following benefits by Digital Locker (DigiLocker) Programme.
Benefits of Digital Locker-
- You can Access Your Documents anywhere and anytime.
- You can Share Your Documents Online to another Individual or Authority.
- You can Upload Your Important Documents anytime and save it online.
- You need not carry your documents anywhere. Digital Locker reduce the use of Physical documents.
- Digital Locker minimizes the administrative overhead of Government Departments by reducing the use of papers.
- Digital Locker provides 1 GB space for Uploading Data, which may be increased by government later.
- Digital Locker’s Process saves our time and money.
- Students need not carry documents during Counseling for taking Admission in School/ College/ University etc. Students have to give only Adhaar number.
- CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) will provide Marksheet and Certificate in Digital Locker with Hard Copy.
- Future Documents of Students will be saved in Digital locker and documents will not be lost as saved in DigiLocker.
- You need not keep your Driving License, Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC), Pollution Certificate or Insurance Certificate with you at the time of driving. These documents will be available on your mobile if you have a digital account and Internet facility.
- Services of Digital Locker are Free of Cost. you need not to pay for it but you must have an Aadhar Card.
- You can also Download eAadhaar from Digital Locker Website.
- You can ensure privacy of your Documents.
- You can also upload scanned copies of your legacy documents with electronically signed using the facility of esign.